Monday, February 5, 2007

Getting Started

A while ago - the beggining of December - I received an e-mail from Jon Sawicki (aka Father Jon). He had apparently done a search on the web (Googled 'camp k'?) and found a hit for a post on my blog 'ECKSCLAMATIONS'.

I was immediately excited becuase it meant someone besides my mom had looked at my Blog. Then, as I thought about it over the Holidays, I realised that there might be an audiance for posts about my camp experiences. Others have attempted to create camp web sites (The KSA comes to mind) and they do not seem to have staying power. Maybe they needed to be simpler or more accessible. I do not know.

It seems like it might be time to start a site for posting pictures and stories from my experiences at Camp Karoondinha, Camp Kline, and other Scouting events. I hope that I can actually start to develop a routine group of viewers and contributors. It would be nice to know that the effort is being put to some use other than exercising my limited computer skills. I'd like to share as well. Hopefully others will contribute.

Many of us who have had experiences as staff members have gone on to accomplish great things. I would also like to spotlight individuals periodically.

So, here it is. An attempt at a blog about growing up a Boy Scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment